Steps for Choosing Effective Outreach Techniques
Step 5. Assess potential for adoption of single behaviors and the environmental practice
A Quick Review of Steps 3 and 4
In Step 3, you:
- Worked with a team.
- Described an environmental practice that a specific audience can implement to address a specific environmental problem.
- Outlined specific steps to accomplish the environmental practice.
In Step 4, you learned details about the potential audience you identified in Step 2. You found out
- what the audience already does relative to the preferred behavior;
- whether there were barriers to performance of the behavior; and
- what audience skills, interests, and needs might affect audience interest in the new behavior, or could be addressed by adopting the new behavior.