Zoom Pro accounts are available for Division of Extension employees only.
This message only applies to users who have used their email@example.com credentials to log in to Zoom.
- Over the weekend of September 28-29, your Zoom account username was changed.
- You should no longer use your firstname.lastname@example.org email address as the username.
- You may not use your preferred, or email@example.com address, only your firstname.lastname@example.org as the username.
- Your Zoom password has not changed, so don’t use your UW-Madison NetID password, use your existing Zoom password.
- If you primarily log into Zoom via Google, you may continue to do so, however, use your email@example.com Google account.
- You have not lost any scheduled meetings or any settings. All that happened is that your username changed.
If you have any questions on this transition or need your password reset please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign-up for a Basic Zoom Account
If you need help with Zoom, please send a message to: email@example.com
What type of account do I need: Pro or Basic?
Consider this: If you plan to record meetings or have them run longer than 40 minutes, you’ll need to go Pro. Otherwise, a basic account will likely meet your needs.
Check out our Zoom FAQ for a more detailed description of what you can (and can not) do with each type of account.
Replacing Wisline: what does this mean?
We will be using Zoom instead of Wisline for conference calls. If you are the person who procures a Wisline number and moderator code for people to use, you will need to upgrade to a Zoom Pro Account. For more information please visit our Zoom Personal Audio Conference page. We understand that we need a conference calling option however, we are strongly encouraging people to use a Zoom Meeting that allows people to call in if they are not able to connect via computer. The value gained by seeing people, even from a distance, is hard to measure.
Ready to go Pro?
Check out your training options!
Have you already taken training but your Pro account has lapsed and now you need it back? No problem! Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.