Join WIFDN and the Renz Weed Science Lab every Friday from noon – 1 pm (CDT) for Virtual Office Hours!
Each week, we’ll highlight a different invasive plant topic and answer your questions about invasive plants.
- May 8th: Garlic Mustard ID and Management. View our video before and come with questions!
- May 15th: Right-of-Way Invasive Plant Management. Read our report (full report or one-page summary) from our 2019 ROW management trials for teasel, wild parsnip, and wild chervil. Access location-specific reports from links in full report or summary.
- May 22nd: Japanese Barberry ID and Management. View our ID video and look at the management fact sheet.
- May 29th: Online + App Tools for Tracking Invasive Species. Take a look at our WISTIPP Viewer interactive map and interactive Invasive Species Calendar. We’ll demonstrate features of these tools and the GLEDN app and continue to answer your invasive species questions!
- June 5th: Perennial Knotweed ID and Management. View our ID video, management video, and fact sheet.
- June 12th: Conservation Grazing
Spring 2020 Citizen Science Workshops
In Spring 2020, WIFDN is teaming up with three regional groups to host ONLINE invasive species citizen science workshops for volunteers, land owners, and land managers. Attendees will learn how to identify priority invasive plants in their regions of Wisconsin, as well as how to monitor for and map those species using the Great Lakes Early Detection Network app. Our local partners will share how you can help their efforts by mapping priority species and monitoring in priority areas. The good news is that looking for and mapping invasive species is an easy outdoor activity to do while adhering to social distancing guidelines!
We hope you can join us for one of the webinars! Advanced registration required; click on the “register” link below to join your preferred webinar. Can’t join us for a live webinar? We’ll record each webinar and post the recordings here on the WIFDN website so you can view them at your leisure!
Questions? Contact us at WIFDNcoordinator@gmail.com
Workshop with St. Croix-Red Cedar Cooperative Weed Management Area
Covering some of the priority species and locations of northwestern Wisconsin
View the webinar recording here