Do you want to:
- Make new friends from all over Adams County that are as adventurous as you?
- Have fun participating in activities and trips with friends fro all over Adams County?
- Learn & teach new and exciting things?
If you can think it –
You can achieve it through 4-H
- Learn what you want
- Make your own choices
- The possibilities are endless!
|Pick What Interest You:|
|Choose a few areas that you want to try.Learn from available resources|
|Contact club leader and visit meetings.Don’t be shy-they all want to help you achieve|
|Start Your Adventure:|
|Attend meetings.Participate in activities.Attend project meetings|
|Choose a Club:|
|If you have a friend in 4-H, join with them.The county Extension office has a list of clubs.|
There are binders located in the library that can be checked out that coincide with each of these topics. Go there and check it out for more detailed information!!
Agriculture & Natural Resources
- PLANT & SOIL SCIENCE – Get the dirt on growing food – for you or your animals.
- FLOWERS & HOUSEPLANTS – Color your world green with houseplants & flowers, learn landscaping and create arrangements.
- NATURESPACE – Explore the world around you while biking, backpacking, camping, canoeing, fishing or just observing the habitat.
- SHOOTING SPORTS – Pick your weapon and learn how to safely hit the target.
- BEEF -Raise your own prime-from calf to market you will find this project savory.
- CATS – Learn how to care for your cat and you will have a “purrfect” pal for life.
- DAIRY – From a calf to a cow-learning feeding, grooming and production, you will find this a “mooving” project.
- DOG – Don’t let your dog walk all over you, paws a moment and train them right.
- GOATS – Pygmy, dairy, or meat-it’s not a “baaaad” project.
- HORSE – Giddy-up Go-horse & pony project will have you galloping on the right trail.
- POULTRY – Join the flock to figure out which came first – the chicken or the egg.
- RABBITS – Don’t just carry a “Lucky Rabbits Foot” – get hopping and find out the whole tale about rabbits.
- SHEEP – Ewe’ll love this project – learn all you can and nobody will pull the wool over your eyes.
- SWINE – Go hog wild and bring home the bacon as you learn about feeding and finished meat cuts.
- ANIMAL & VETERINARY SCIENCE – Got animals – learn how to care for them. Got an exotic pet, a fuzzy one, a wet one or a creepy one – show it off and all you know about them.
- CULTURAL ARTS & CRAFTS – Are you the next Picasso – explore your creative side using paint, color, clay, metal or wood or whatever you can imagine.
- PHOTOGRAPHY – Capture the world around you in pictures.
Family & Consumer Sciences
- CLOTHING/SEWING – Impress your friends with your New York Style
- FAMILY & CHILD DEVELOPMENT – More than just babysitting – learn how children grow and develop.
- FOODS & NUTRITION – You are what ou eat, so stir up a great meal.
- HOME ENVIRONMENT – Design a living area to say “This is me!” Start with accessories and progress to a whole new room.
- KNITTING & CROCHETING – No dropped stitches here, create with yarn.
- YOUTH LEADERSHIP – Stand up and lead – foster relationships with other leaders and take and active leadership role in activities.
- HEALTH & SOCIAL SCIENCES – From your Heritage to the issues in your world, explore it all.
- SELF-DETERMINED – Have a unique idea that doesn’t fit the other boxes – so play outside the box.
Science, Engineering, & Technology
- COMPUTERS – Be the next great computer guru.
- ELECTRICITY – Don’t be shocked – wire your world with power.
- MECHANICAL SCIENCE – How does it work – from scale models and tractors to engines and welding.
- STEM PROJECTS – The world is your playground – from rockets and robots to GPS and biotechnology – explore this area.
- WOODWORKING – You’ve nailed it, create a family heirloom.
- CLOVERBUDS – Get your feet wet, join as a kindergartner and play with the big kids.
- EXPLORING – For kinds in 3rd grade if you are unsure of a specific project area, test the waters.