Volunteers are fundamental to many successful Extension programs. Research indicates that nearly one third of volunteers will choose not to continue volunteering based on poor management practices. Achieving the Extension Mission Through Volunteers is an online cohort course for the novice Extension professional working with volunteers to enhance and deliver Extension programs.
Achieving the Extension Mission through Volunteers is designed to for Extension colleagues in all program areas to:
- Build staff and organizational capacity around volunteer management and development
- Increase volunteer management competencies
- Build knowledge and skills to identify, recruit, select, and support volunteers
- Learn current volunteer trends and how they may impact programming
- Understand the organization’s philosophy related to volunteerism and develop your own philosophy
Offered annually: January 24 – March 13, 2022
Registration begins September 15. Check out what past participants and facilitators have to say about the course (5 minute Youtube video).
- North Central Region colleagues have reduced registration fee of $100 – contact your state Volunteer Specialist for the registration code.
Report to North Central 4-H Program Directors (PDF 1 page)
Business Plan for Online Learning (PDF 2 pages)
Worksheet for Implementing an Online Learning Experience (Word Document 4 pages)
Achieving the Extension Mission Presentation – Asheville, North Carolina- April 2017 (PPT 0.97 MB)