Click below for this year’s Horse and Pony project and Horseless Horse project information. Questions? E-mail the project at email@example.com.
Check out our Facebook group, Rock County 4H Horse & Pony project – Wisconsin, for the most updated information.
The Horse & Pony Project Steering Committee meets the first Thursday of every month at 7:00 p.m. All members, leaders, and parents are invited to attend.
Wisconsin State 4-H Horse Expo Entries Due August 1
State 4-H Horse Expo is an annual event held at Wisconsin State Fair Park in West Allis for all youth enrolled in the 4-H Horse Program.
Youth may participate in a wide variety of competitions and projects focused on horse experience and terminology. Projects include arts, creative writing, and drawing.
Horse Show classes include: Draft Showmanship, Cones, Pleasure Driving, Reinsmanship Pony, Horseless Horse Walk, Saddle Seat, Hunt Showmanship, Western Showmanship and Trail Riding.
Latest Horse & Pony and Horseless Horse Blog Posts
- On Thursday, February 16th starting at 7:00 pm the horse and pony project will host this Clinic at the Craig Center in the Rock County fairgrounds. This is for people only, no horses. It is a great opportunity for members to learn more about horse tack, show clothing, safety and equipment. Feel free to contact […]
- YQCA is available as an online program for youth everywhere in the United States. YQCA is also offered as an instructor-led training and as a test out certification. Contact the entity requiring your YQCA certification to see which is available in your state, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about each type of training here. Please contact YQCA […]
- On Sunday, March 20th, the 2022 Horse and Pony Awards Banquet and Horse Bucks Auction will be held at 1:00 p.m. at the Blain’s Conference Center, 3507 E Racine, Janesville. Attendees should bring a dish to pass for the potluck. Water, sandwiches and table service will be provided. Awards will be presented for members active […]
- On March 12th, horse and pony project members can receive spring vaccinations and a Coggins test for their project animals and alternates at the Vet Coggins & Vaccination Clinic to be held from 1:00-4:00 p.m. at the Janesville Animal Medical Center, 5021 Wright Court, Milton WI 53563. Members must contact the Janesville Equine Clinic by […]
- Meet Tashina Red Hawk, a member of Sicangu Lakota Oyate, and her experiences that have inspired her to find her spark and purpose to become a veterinarian! To read more, visit the 4-H website! Community Educational Opportunity Did you know that there were 10 Indian Boarding Schools in Wisconsin and more than 350 across the […]