Explore the poultry industry, including turkeys, chickens, ducks, geese, pheasants, guinea hens, pigeons or quail. Learn about species and breeds, eggs, feather features, health, feeding, handling, washing, managing a flock, ethics, showing and careers.
Take Your Project Further!
- Tour a poultry farm
- Attend a poultry show and observe the judge and their techniques
- Design a business card or marketing brochure for your farm or imaginary farm
- Write an educational article about some aspect of poultry production for your newspaper
- Organize a poultry showmanship contest
- Attend a national poultry conference
- Ride with a local veterinarian to learn about animal health
- Visit a local grocery store to learn proper meat handling techniques
- Visit a hatchery
- Order eggs from a hatchery and hatch your own chickens or other poultry
UW-Extension Poultry Webpage
The following website is for anyone interested in poultry project guides, state-wide poultry competitions, and educational material within the poultry project. UW-Extension Wisconsin Poultry Website