Stories help children make sense of the world. Children who hear stories more often may do better in school. How can you make stories a part of children’s daily life? How else are stories beneficial to children?
Read the fact sheet:
- English – Storytelling (PDF, 2 pages, 781 KB)
- Español – La narración de cuentos (PDF, 2 pages, 821 KB)
- Froyen, Laura (2014) Family stories a special holiday gift for kids, UW-Extension. Retrieved from: http://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/news/2014/11/18/family-stories-a-special-holiday-gift-for-kids/
- McCormick, John. Dad, tell me a story. Retrieved from: http://dadtellmeastory.com/
- Krulik, Nancy. Five Essential Elements of a Story. Retrieved from: http://www.katiekazoo.com/pdf/KK_FiveEssentialElements.pdf