By Nancy Vance, Family Living Educator
Adults can prepare children to learn to read through many simple activities every day. Reading out loud to children is the most important activity. Early reading skills help children achieve greater school success over time. Read the Reading Readiness fact sheet to learn more about how adults can support children’s literacy and language skills.
- English – Reading Readiness (PDF, 2 pages, 314 KB)
- Español – Preparación para la lectura (PDF, 2 pages, 369KB)
- Reading Rockets: http://www.readingrockets.org/audience/parents
- Building Literacy Every Day: http://www.getreadytoread.org/early-learning-childhood-basics/early-literacy/building-literacy-every-day
- Tips and Tools for Early Literacy and Language Development: http://www.zerotothree.org/child-development/early-language-literacy/tips-tools-early-lit-and-lang.html