Grants / Incentives / Loan Guarantees

Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency (DSIRE)

This is a directory of State and Federal Energy Assistance programs. Link

Wisconsin State Energy Office

The Redmond Report – The State Energy Office’s most current list of funding opportunities in Wisconsin

BCAP provides financial assistance to owners and operators of agricultural and non-industrial private forest land who wish to establish, produce, and deliver biomass feedstocks to a qualifying energy facility. The rule includes modifications to cost sharing, eligible types of biomass and other definitions. This program is currently not funded.
For more information on BCAP, visit USDA’s Farm Service Agency website, or learn more general information about the Farm Service Agency.

Federal Tax Incentive for Combined Heat and Power Projects
The Tax Incentives Assistance Project (TIAP) provides guidance for CHP project developers to reduce the cost of a project through certain tax incentives. From the website: A 10% investment tax credit for CHP property, applicable to only the first 15MW of CHP property is available. Owners of systems smaller than 50 MW may take advantage of this tax credit, and their systems must be placed into service between October 3, 2008 and January 1, 2017. Please follow this link for more information from TIAP about this incentive.

Rural Energy for America Program (REAP)
For rural businesses as defined by USDA Rural Development. They offer grant and/or loan guarantees for energy efficiency all energy sources and renewable energy projects. Grant can cover up to 25% of project costs from a minimum grant of $1500 to $250,000 for energy efficiency to $2500 to $500,000 for renewable energy projects. This is a competitive grant process with request for proposals typically once per year. There is a bonus pool for grant of less than $20,000. Guaranteed loans can be up to 75% of project costs and applications are accepted continuously. Minimum loan is $5000 up to a maximum of $25 million. Transportation or field equipment is not eligible. REAP grants can be used in addition to state or utility energy grants.
For additional information:
Links to USDA – Rural Development – Rural Energy for America Program


Is an outreach effort by the Environmental Law & Policy Center. They have templates, resources and FAQ for answering questions and  developing a REAP application under the “Application Tools” tab.