Upham Woods Building Dates of Construction
1951 – Craig Cabin, the first building at Upham Woods, given by the 4-H members, leaders and friends of Rock County in honor of Joseph Albert Craig, a long-time friend of 4-H and youth.
1951 –The T. L. Bewick Cabin dedicated to Thomas L. Bewick, the first Wisconsin State 4-H Club Leader.
1952 – Dining room shelter and kitchen.
1952 – The Dr. W. L. Bible Cabin dedicated by the people of Sauk County to Dr. Walter L. Bible of Lime Ridge.
1954 – The Ranger Mac Cabin dedicated by the Home Demonstration and 4-H Clubs of Columbia county to Wakelin McNeel, known as Ranger Mac.
1957 – The Verne V. Varney Cabin built with general state wide contributions and dedicated to Verne V. Varney, a long-time member of the state 4-H staff.
1957 – The Administration Building. It was built with donations from many contributors.
1961 – The Roy S. Ihlenfeldt Cabin dedicated by his family in memory to his service in the Department of Public Instruction and supervisor of Wisconsin Public Schools.
1961 – The bath house on cabin hill was built.
1965 – The staff housing duplex was built.
1969 – The Central Lodge. It was built with donations from many contributors.
1971 – Winterized dormitory. It was built with donations from many contributors.
1978 – The Peters Nature Center provided through a major contribution by R.D. and Linda Peters, associated with the Brillion Iron Works, to reflect their interest in youth and the environment and other contributors.
1978 – The Varney Craft Center was rebuilt with donations from many contributors. It is the original dining room shelter and kitchen constructed in 1952 and recycled.