Professional Development and Educator Training Opportunities
Upham Woods Outdoor Learning Center occasionally offers adult trainings and workshops for teachers, educators and youth leaders on a variety of topics, including: Wilderness First Aid, Master Naturalist Instructor Training, Projects Wet/WILD/Learning Tree and Early Childhood, Leopold Education Project, digital technology and experiential education programming, and others. Check back for upcoming adult education workshops or contact us at (608) 254-6461 if you have questions about upcoming training and workshop events!
Wisconsin Master Naturalist Volunteer Training Course
- What is is all about? Upham Woods will be working in partnership with Wisconsin Master Naturalist to provide education, training, and service opportunities for adult volunteers who are passionate about conserving the state’s natural resources.
- Where: At Upham Woods and field trips to nearby conservation organizations
- When: Check back here for future dates for this program!
- Course Fee: $250
- More questions? Give us a call at (608)254-6461 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Peanut Butter Mountain Team Building Challenge Course Facilitator Training
Upham Woods Outdoor Learning Center occasionally offers facilitation workshops for our team building challenge course, enabling participants to lead Peanut Butter Mountain sessions at Upham Woods for one year; yearly refreshers are required as are current First Aid and CPR certifications. Trainings cover the goals and standards of challenge courses, policies and safety procedures for Peanut Butter Mountain and group processing methods. Participants also learn group initiative games and participate in Peanut Butter Mountain elements.
Current Peanut Butter Mountain Training Dates available:
- Check back here for future dates for this program!
For more information, to register for a training, or to request a training day for your group contact email@example.com or call (608) 254-6461.