We offer many community programs throughout the year to enjoy the beauty of Upham Woods in all seasons! Programs are open to all. For upcoming events, check out our calendar.
Sunday, September 13th, 10am – 3pm
- Fall Adventure is open and available to the public at no cost.
- Participants will have the opportunity to traverse Upham’s trails along the Wisconsin River.
- Registration is required and will be capped at 45.
- When registering you may choose between two options:
- Go-at-your-own-pace mainland exploration; activities include hiking, meeting our program animals in the Nature Center, and learning more about Upham Woods.
- Blackhawk Island adventure: Go on a hike and participate in a conservation project to improve trails on the island.
- Blackhawk Island participants should pack a lunch and be prepared to be out on Blackhawk Island from 10 am – 2 pm.
Participants will be required to wear a face covering and physically distance. UW-Madison Division of Extension faculty, staff, and volunteers may require that program participants leave a program, based on health concerns associated with COVID-19.
After completing an educational orientation program, annual Paddle Pass holders will be able to launch their own canoes and kayaks on the Wisconsin River using the parking lot and established shoreline access points at Upham Woods Outdoor Learning Center. A Paddle Pass is also your connection to community paddling events and land stewardship volunteer opportunities in the Upper Dells.
Passholders are required to check in and out through the main office like all other visitors during business hours. For access outside of business hours, paddlers should contact Upham Woods at least 24 hours in advance of their visit. Weekends, mornings, and evenings can likely be accommodated with appropriate advance notice. We will work with paddlers to meet their needs.
* Note: This program does not provide access to Blackhawk Island or hiking. The pass cannot be used commercially in any way whatsoever.
LOCATION: Upham Woods Outdoor Learning Center
FEE: $5, payable by check at orientation or credit card after registration
Contact John Celley at Upham Woods, 608-254-6461, email@example.com, with any questions about this program.
Partnership Programs with City of Wisconsin Dells Parks & Recreation Department!
Upham Woods partners with the City of Wisconsin Dells Parks and Recreation Department to provide programs for the Lake Delton/Wisconsin Dells community! Registration for partnership programs is available ONLINE through the City of Wisconsin Dells Park and Rec Event Registration website.
Upcoming partnership program offerings include:
The program is for all abilities. Participants will learn the basic rules, safety
measures, equipment, and techniques in order to gain or improve archery skills.
This program is in partnership with Upham Woods Outdoor Learning Center as
they will be leading the activities at their site.
Enjoy a paddle on the Wisconsin River with Upham Woods Outdoor Learning Center.
We will be canoeing from 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. for anyone who would like to join.
No canoeing experience necessary as you will be educated on proper paddling
techniques in order to navigate the river. We will host three separate dates.
All ages welcome. Upham Woods provides all the equipment.