Sign up to spend time at Upham Woods canoeing, exploring Blackhawk Island, and making new friends. Registration will open on March 4th!
Who: Any youth entering 4th-8th grade for the 2024-2025 school year.
When: July 7-10, 2024
View last year’s schedule here! This year’s schedule will have some changes to make camp exciting for returning youth but many camp favorites like swimming and water carnival will remain the same!
Who: Any youth entering 8th-10th grade for the 2024-2025 school year.
When: August 3-6, 2024
Outpost Camp is an exciting camp experience where youth with spend time canoeing and camping. Camp will start at Upham Woods as everyone learns the basics of camping and canoeing before heading out to paddle the Wisconsin river and spend the next few nights camping on Blackhawk Island. More details coming soon.
Volunteer at Camp! Come to camp for free!
Note: We will only be accepting 6 counselors and in 2023 we had 28 applicants. Please thoughtfully complete the application to give yourself the best chance possible. If you are unable to complete the Google form, please reach out to Rachael (firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-890-1137) to find alternative ways to submit your application. Deadline to apply: Friday, Feb 23 at 4 pm.
- Must be entering 9th-12th grade during the 24-25 school year
- Available for an in-person Camp Counselor Training on April 20th from 10am-7pm
- Willing to complete a 2-hour online course
- Ability to be a positive role model and support others at camp
Selection for 2024 Camp Counselors will be based upon:
- Quality of application: https://forms.gle/qE8avPrJmHSBzfg47
- Quality of a virtual interview. Interview timeslots will be sent out once the application closes but will include a mixture of evenings and weekends.
- Deadline to apply: Friday, Feb 23 at 4 pm.
- Who: Anyone over the age of 18 who wants to facilitate a safe, inclusive camp experience.
- Must be able to: Pass a background check, agree to camp policies, complete required UW-Madison trainings and attend a virtual training session the week before camp.
- There is a need for specialized chaperones such as first aid coordinator (requires certifications), dining hall coordinator etc.
- How: Application is now open. Involves an interview with a Program Coordinator Rachael. No experience is necessary. Apply Here: https://forms.gle/gmnhpHpL8zu7ZBgP8
If you have questions or have accommodation requests, please reach out to email@example.com!